Name: Smt. Poornima Savargaonkar
Address: Enriched Soil and Soul , Sector 62, Golf Course Extension Rd , Next to Janak Horse Riding Club , Gurgaon – 122018
Contact No: +91-9910704734
Email ID: email@example.com
Main Crop and Enterprise: Organic Urban Gardening and Organic Roof Top Farming
– She is growing organic summer and winter vegetables of brinjal, chilli, onion, garlic, turmeric, capsicum,cauliflower, cabbage, french bean, potato in containers on the roof top. In additionto that, she grows leafy vegetables, herbs, climbers like bottle gourd, bitter gourd etc.
– She is growing fruit trees like lemon, papaya, pomegranate, custard apple and jamun in 18 inch deep containers.
– She is growing strawberry fruit crop in 6 inch deep containers in roof top.
– Smt. Savargaonkar is also growing seasonal flowers, shrubs and vines, red grape vine and ornamentals in balconies.
– She has adopted the innovative technologies of different types of mulches from the surrounding waste matters, homemade organic liquid manures, kitchen waste compositing.
– She has prepared compost “Amrit Mitti” with the effective utilization of the resource of roof top gardening dry leafs.
– She worked as a volunteer with all India Kitchen Garden Association to spread the “Amrit Mitti” compost technology and other organic practices in urban gardening actiities.
– She demonstrated, delivered lectures and exposure visits on home compositing to many public and private organizations.
– Her activities have spread through Whatsapp and Youtube videos and she has received appreciation letters from school and college students.
– Programme on organic urban gardening has been telecasted in DD Kisan channel extensively for 9 episodes in their most popular series “chhat par bagwani”.